- Provide a total program within which boys and girls can find an equal opportunity to participate.
- Provide the student with programs that are staffed with qualified personnel whenever and wherever possible within district policy.
- Give careful consideration to all students concerning their physical safety, mental well-being, and to be fair and responsible to their individual needs.
- Instill a desire to excel to the best of one’s capabilities.
- Develop an understanding that individual responsibility precedes individual privilege.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of the rules of the game, mastery of skills and techniques, and the application of intelligence in participating in a program.
- Recognize the attributes of sportsmanship and apply them in all contests.
- Develop an understanding that success is important and is dependent upon sacrifice and the satisfaction derived by the participants in successfully meeting the challenges that a competitive situation offers.
- Give all participants an opportunity to participate as much as possible whenever possible.