300-306 Administrator Code of Ethics
HIBBING PUBLIC SCHOOLS
INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT 701
BOARD POLICY 306
SERIES: 300 Administration
SUBJECT: 306 Administrator Code of Ethics
School district administrators shall subscribe to the statements of standards as set forth in the Code of Ethics approved by the Minnesota Association of School Administrators.
The educational administrator:
1. Makes the well-being of students the fundamental value of all decision-making and actions.
2. Fulfills professional responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
3. Supports the principle of due process and protects the civil and human rights of all individuals.
4. Obeys local, state, and national laws and does not knowingly join or support organizations that advocate, directly or indirectly the overthrow of the government.
5. Implements the school board’s policies.
6. Pursues appropriate measures to correct those laws, policies, and regulations that are not consistent with sound educational goals.
7. Avoids using positions for personal gain through political, social, religious, economic, or other influence.
8. Accepts academic degrees or professional certification only from duly accredited institutions.
9. Maintains the standards and seeks to improve the effectiveness of the profession through research and continuing professional development.
10. Honors all contracts until fulfillment, release, or dissolution is mutually agreed upon by all parties to the contract.
11. Adheres to the code of ethics for administrators in Minnesota law.
Minnesota Rules Part 3512.5200 (Code of Ethics for School Administrators)