Lincoln originally began as a junior high school in 1957, taking two years to complete the construction. At the time it opened, Principal Donald E. Holycross and 40 faculty welcomed 779 students in grades 7 through 9. In 1975, the 9th grade moved to the high school. In 1999, Lincoln experienced both physical and educational changes: a new media center and computer lab were added to the building. Lincoln also became a middle school that year, with grades 6 through 8 at our school. In 2003, Lincoln became an elementary school housing grades 4 through 6, and in the fall of 2005, grade 3 was added to the building.