What Model iPads did the School Purchase?
- iPad with Retina display (4th Generation)
- The school purchased the Wi-Fi model
What Cables Work With the School's iPads?
- The cable is called a "Lightning to USB Cable", and they come in different lengths.
- NOTE: Do NOT buy cables that don't have the "MFi" Made For iPhone certification! Cables that are not certified can damage your device and are also not reliable. Certified cables will state that they are certified on the packaging, and will probably have a logo that looks similar to this:
Apple's cables are as follows:
- Lightning to USB Cable (.5 m) Part# ME291ZM/A — $19.00
- Lightning to USB Cable (1 m) Part# MD818ZM/A — $19.00
- Lightning to USB Cable (2 m) Part# MD819ZM/A — $29.00
Some online alternatives:
- MonoPrice.com Lightning Cables various lengths, starting at $11.90
- Amazon Basics Lightning to USB Cable 3 feet — $13.99 (Note this cable has a larger connector, so consider how it may fit your case)
Again, when looking at third-party cables, MAKE SURE they are MFi certified.
These cables can be found at local stores as well.